Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Minimum Hardware Requirements, througput and stored data size records

2010-02-08 17:58:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Minimum Hardware Requirements, througput and stored data size records
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Heitor Medrado de Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>, bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 17:55:44 -0500
Heitor Medrado de Faria wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Im writing a academical paper about Bacula and I was wondering if anyone
> could provide me those informations:
>
> 1. Bacula Minimum Hardware Requirements.

If the OS and database are running, then Bacula should run too.

> 2. Bacula maximum througput record.

That is completely outside of Bacula's control.  It is very much
dependent upon your hardware and tuning of your OS and database.  Put it
on fast hardware, it'll fly.  It is completely limited by outside
influences.

> 3. Bacula maximum stored data size backuped by the same director.

No pre-set limits.

> Be my guest to provide me other useful information.

Are we doing your research for you?  :)