Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Fwd: Bacula Minimum Hardware Requirements, througput and stored data size records

2010-02-08 15:22:29
Subject: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Bacula Minimum Hardware Requirements, througput and stored data size records
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 15:19:36 -0500
>Im writing a academical paper about Bacula and I was wondering if anyone
> could provide me those informations:
>
> 1. Bacula Minimum Hardware Requirements.

Not sure of that. I have run bacula on a Athlon 3300 with 2GB of
memory 5 years ago. But since then I run it on a dual processor
opteron 246 with 4GB of memory with the database and main storage on a
second identical cpu / memory system.

> 2. Bacula maximum througput record.

Some users have saturated LTO4 multi drive bandwith.

> 3. Bacula maximum stored data size backuped by the same director.

There are some really old statistics here:
http://wiki.bacula.org/doku.php?id=database_statistics

--
John M. Drescher