Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Compatibility with long-ago version?

2010-02-03 12:01:55
Subject: [Bacula-users] Compatibility with long-ago version?
From: Scott Courtney <scourtney AT sinenomine DOT net>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 11:58:55 -0500
Greetings, all

I am currently building a new Bacula server for us, but in the interim
I'd like to connect some new clients with our old server, which is
running Debian Sarge and therefore dates back to 2007.

The old server is running 2.0.3. I'd like to know if I can install a
newer FD on the new clients -- I'm thinking 2.2.8, which is the latest
of the 2.2 series -- temporarily to get us online while I build the new
server.

I have RPMs built for 2.2.8, 3.0.3, and 5.0.0 Bacula client. I'd like to
go with the latest of these that will still work reliably with the old
Director. I will update all the clients to 5.0.0 when our server is
running at that level.

I couldn't find anything going back that far in the docs. Does anyone
happen to know offhand what the latest director is that can still
connect to file daemon 2.0.3?

Thanks!

Scott

Scott D. COURTNEY, Principal Engineer            Sine Nomine Associates
scourtney AT sinenomine DOT net                     http://www.sinenomine.net/