Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] File-Storage and automatic labeling and volume creation

2010-02-01 13:34:05
Subject: [Bacula-users] File-Storage and automatic labeling and volume creation
From: Thomas Schweikle <tps AT vr-web DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 19:31:05 +0100
Hi!

I am trying to set up bacula to aoutmaticly creating and labeling a
volume for backup. AFAIK I did everything to make it happen, but it
does not work as expected ...

In bacula-dir.conf:
JobDefs {
  Name = "kiwiJob"
  Type = Backup
  Level = Incremental
  Client = kiwi-fd
  FileSet = "Win-Drive-C"
  Schedule = "WeeklyCycle"
  Storage = File
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = kiwi-pl
  Priority = 10
}

Job {
  Name = "kiwi"
  Client = kiwi-fd
  JobDefs = "kiwiJob"
  Write Bootstrap = "D:\\Bacula\\Work\\kiwi.bsr"
}

Storage {
  Name = File
  Address = kiwi
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "B9yXCsk5ZfbwlUnj+rC1AbmnbNNh4vcjiyEQpu92G1js"
  Device = FileStorage
  Media Type = File
  LabelMedia = yes
}

Pool {
  Name = kiwi-pl
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 365 days
  Maximum Volumes = 20
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 4.3G
  Label Format = "${Client}-${Level}-${year}-${month}-${Day}-${hour}"
}

In bacula-sd.conf:
Device {
  Name = FileStorage
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = "D:\\Backup"
  LabelMedia = yes
  Random Access = Yes
  AutomaticMount = yes
  RemovableMedia = no
  AlwaysOpen = no
}

and at job start time:
01-Feb 17:05 kiwi-sd JobId 1: Job kiwi.2010-02-01_17.05.10_02
waiting. Cannot find any appendable volumes.
Please use the "label"  command to create a new Volume for:
    Storage:      "FileStorage" (D:\Backup)
    Pool:         kiwi-pl
    Media type:   File

How do I have to set up bacula to automaticly create a volume, label
it, then use it, until it is old enough to be pruned and deleted?
Ideally with no user interaction at all?

--
Thomas