Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Restore the most recent backup from given storage?

2010-02-01 11:05:41
Subject: [Bacula-users] Restore the most recent backup from given storage?
From: Rinat Shigapov <srk AT nevod DOT ru>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 20:47:14 +0500
Hello,

My first question is in the topic: how to restore the most recent backup
from given storage?

My backup system has two independent storages. I backup my clients to
both of the storages. I don't use copy jobs because I want to have
backups even if one of the storages fails. I run each job twice for
different pools with small time shift.

Recently I tried to restore client files from the first storage. The
most recent backup from bacula's point of view was on the second
storage. Bacula listed 3 volumes from the second storage (full,
differential and incremental volumes) and 1 volume from the first
storage (incremental).

But the point was that the second storage was offline at the moment and
it was much more faster to restore from the first storage.

Is it possible to find jobIds for the most recent backup for given
storage? I'm too lazy to find it manually - it is source of mistake.

My second question: Is there any other way to backup each client in two
independent storages?
--
Regards, Rinat Shigapov