Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Couple of problems (autochanger, multiple jobs)

2010-02-01 04:14:42
Subject: [Bacula-users] Couple of problems (autochanger, multiple jobs)
From: Bostjan Müller <neonatus AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 10:10:30 +0100
Hi everyone,

I have a couple of problems that I can't quite tackle.

I have an HP MSL4048 48 tape autochanger. What I would like to do is to have all the tapes fill up, and when the last tape is filled up the first one should be made available again - so a rotation of tapes. The problem is there is no specific time period in which I can predict when the tapeset would fill up, so that I would purge old volumes - I guess there has to be a better way of doing it?

The second problem is setting up multiple simultaneous jobs. I have set
Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
in bacula-dir.conf, bacula-fd.conf and bacula-sd.conf, but I still get one job running and others waiting on max storage jobs. Is there anything more that has to be done for that to work?

I would really appreciate any help on any of the two issues.

Regards,
Bostjan