Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Allow Higher Duplicates directive

2010-01-30 16:51:40
Subject: [Bacula-users] Allow Higher Duplicates directive
From: ganiuszka <ganiuszka AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 22:46:17 +0100
                Hi,

        I am testing Duplicate Job Control. I found a few strange behaviour.
One of these is Allow Higher Duplicates.

I used to this job next directives:

Allow Duplicate Jobs = no
Allow Higher Duplicates = yes

I ran the job, and the moment I started a job of the same name but with
a higher priority. First job still worked, second job had a status
"waiting for higher priority jobs to finish". Why the first job does not
abort and the second job starts out of hand?

This is my configuration and steps for this situation:

Storage {
     Name = UrzadzeniePlikowe
     Address = darkstar
     SDPort = 9103
     Password = "*****"
     Media Type = Plik
     Device = UrzadzeniePlikoweDev
     Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 10
}

Storage {
     Name = UP
     Address = darkstar
     SDPort = 9103
     Password = "*****"
     Media Type = Plik
     Device = UPDev
     Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 10
}

Pool {
     Name = Tescik
     Pool Type = Backup
     Recycle = no
     Storage = UrzadzeniePlikowe
}

Pool {
     Name = Paktos
     Pool Type = Backup
     Recycle = no
     Storage = UP
}

Job {
     Name = QemuImages
     Type = Backup
     Level = Full
     Pool = Tescik
     Client = darkstar-fd
     Messages = DirMessages
     FileSet = QemuImages_FileSet
     Allow Duplicate Jobs = no
     Allow Higher Duplicates = yes
     Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 10
}

run job=QemuImages storage=UP pool=Paktos priority=15
run job=QemuImages storage=UrzadzeniePlikowe pool=Tescik priority=10

*run job=QemuImages storage=UP pool=Paktos priority=15
Run Backup job
JobName:  QemuImages
Level:    Full
Client:   darkstar-fd
FileSet:  QemuImages_FileSet
Pool:     Paktos (From User input)
Storage:  UP (From command line)
When:     2010-01-30 22:01:17
OK to run? (yes/mod/no): yes
Job queued. JobId=246
*run job=QemuImages storage=UrzadzeniePlikowe pool=Tescik priority=10
Run Backup job
JobName:  QemuImages
Level:    Full
Client:   darkstar-fd
FileSet:  QemuImages_FileSet
Pool:     Tescik (From Job resource)
Storage:  UrzadzeniePlikowe (From command line)
When:     2010-01-30 22:01:58
OK to run? (yes/mod/no): yes
Job queued. JobId=247

* status dir

Running Jobs:
Console connected at 30-sty-10 22:00
  JobId Level   Name                       Status
    246 Full    QemuImages.2010-01-30_22.01.48_28 is running
    247 Full    QemuImages.2010-01-30_22.02.00_29 is waiting for higher
priority jobs to finish
====

Thanks.
gani