Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backing up a directory tree but not the files?

2010-01-27 05:29:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backing up a directory tree but not the files?
From: Tino Schwarze <bacula-users AT tisc DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:26:39 +0100
On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 02:10:10PM -0600, Daniel wrote:
> Tino,
>
> Thanks for your idea, however I'd rather not depend on generating a
> tree file before backing up the directory structure - first off the
> directory structure is very complex and changes frequently - I'm not
> sure if we could properly synchronize the tree generation with the
> backup of the database matching that tree structure within the
> allotted window for backups.  Second if there were a problem with that
> tree file the directories would not be backed up correctly.  I'd
> rather simply have bacula, at backup time, walk the tree as it goes
> and just exclude the files in it if that's possible.

I'm not familiar with Bacula backing up complex directory structures (we
only use it for database dumps and similar stuff), so this is just an
idea:
exclude regex '^r:/stragedir/.*[^/]$'
include regex '^r:/strangedir/.*/$'

But I'm not sure how bacula handles regular expressions...

HTH,

Tino.

www.lichtkreis-chemnitz.de
www.tisc.de