Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Backing up a directory tree but not the files?

2010-01-26 12:07:50
Subject: [Bacula-users] Backing up a directory tree but not the files?
From: Daniel <bacula AT studiodccreative DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:05:46 -0600
I have the following situation:

I am backing up a Windows hard disk (let's call it R: for remote)... it is NOT
the C: drive on the remote host.
I wish to back up nearly everything on it EXCEPT for one directory:
R:/strangedir
Under R:/strangedir I *ONLY* want to keep the directory tree structure, NOT the
files in it.  This tree structure changes frequently and must match files
elsewhere in the backup set, so that is why its important that I copy the tree
structure but not necessarily the files within it as those can be repopulated
by a script from other data that is already backed up elsewhere in R:.

How can I make a rule for R:/strangedir?  I've thought about trying to use
RegexDir and RegexFile, but I can't seem to make them handle arbitrary
recursive depth.

Thank you all very much for your help and suggestions.

 -- Daniel