Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] 'Partial' after max run time expired

2010-01-26 04:45:40
Subject: [Bacula-users] 'Partial' after max run time expired
From: Jorge Cabello <jorge AT aspl DOT es>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:50:05 +0100
Hello,

As far as I know when the max run time is reached the job is cancelled. It
isn't
a correct backup but maybe it should be interesting to have a new job finish
state like 'Partial' for these kind of jobs.

* A partial job is better than nothing (some files have already been copied).
* If the bandwith isn't enough to make someday a backup, in current state the
bandwith will also limit the next day backup and so on. With 'Partial' the next
backup won't need to backup the already copied files.

To solve the second (too much data to backup before max run time expires) I
haven't find anything in Bacula.