Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] General backup advice

2010-01-25 21:48:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] General backup advice
From: Jon Schewe <jpschewe AT mtu DOT net>
To: THE KING <ryan AT computerking DOT ca>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 21:45:15 -0500
On 1/24/10 6:23 PM, RYAN vAN GINNEKEN wrote:
> Or should i backup the LVM partitions like this I think then i could make
> snapshots or something and get my databases too. Also i do not think i would
> have so much trouble umounting these if necessary the only real draw back i
> can see is i would have to add creating LVM during restore process which is
> not really that big of a deal.  I guess i should go off and read the lvm wiki
> page on the bacula site now!
>
>         File = /dev/md0
>         File = /dev/mapper/vg0-home on /home type ext3 (rw)
>         File = /dev/mapper/vg0-opt on /opt type ext3 (rw)
>         File = /dev/mapper/vg0-tmp on /tmp type ext3 (rw)
>         File = /dev/mapper/vg0-usr on /usr type ext3 (rw)
>         File = /dev/mapper/vg0-var on /var type ext3 (rw)
>
> Or should i just use what i have now and go through the whole make raid then
> lvm then dump files back then fix databases?

Personally I run the bacula-fd client on each virtual machine and don't
bother to backup the raw disks.

--
Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
If you see an attachment named signature.asc, this is my digital

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor
demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will
be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ
Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:38-39