Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to apply different retention periods to different jobs on same client

2010-01-22 15:44:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to apply different retention periods to different jobs on same client
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 21:40:55 +0100
Hi,

22.01.2010 19:38, Paul Binkley wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a situation where I need to apply different retention times to a
> variety of jobs on a single client. I tried to define the retention
> periods in the Job but it doesn’t work (bacula doesn’t like it there).
>
> For example, on one machine I have a set of data that I want to be
> replaced on a weekly basis, while everything else has a 30 day
> retention. Can this be done?

Not in the currently released versions, but the upcoming version has
support for retention times per pool - sounds like just what you need.
See
http://www.bacula.org/3.1.x-manuals/en/main/main/New_Features_in_3_1_4.html#SECTION00380000000000000000

It's in the development versions for a while already, but I haven't
tried it yet.

As the version number in the git repo has been updated today, I guess
we'll see it released rather soon...

Hope that helps,

Arno

--