Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula hangs "waiting for execution"...

2010-01-20 13:14:51
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula hangs "waiting for execution"...
From: Daniel <bacula AT studiodccreative DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 11:47:30 -0600
Hello,

I am having a problem where all jobs but the first immediately after starting
bacula-dir hang "waiting for execution.".  I have no further information on why
they are waiting, nor what they are waiting on.  They have waited nearly a
week.  All jobs I queue after them even ones with the same or higher priority
do not run either.

If I restart bacula-dir service, all of my running jobs disappear completely as
though it forgot about them.
If I try to cancel a job, it stays in the running queue with the note "has been
cancelled."  Nothing else changes and the other jobs stay "waiting for
execution".

Questions:
1.  Is there any way I can get more information on why they are waiting or
"kick" them into running?
2.  Is it normal to lose running job history when restarting bacula-dir?
3.  Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

I am running bacula-3.0.3 x86_64 compiled on Red Hat Enterprise 5.4 and MySQL
5.0.77.

Configure.out:

   Host:                    x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu -- redhat Enterprise
release
   Bacula version:          Bacula 3.0.3 (18 October 2009)
   Source code location:    .
   Install binaries:        /usr/sbin
   Install libraries:       /usr/lib64
   Install config files:    /etc/bacula
   Scripts directory:       /etc/bacula
   Archive directory:       /tmp
   Working directory:       /var/bacula
   PID directory:           /var/run
   Subsys directory:        /var/lock/subsys
   Man directory:           ${datarootdir}/man
   Data directory:          /usr/share
   Plugin directory:        /usr/lib64
   C Compiler:              gcc 4.1.2
   C++ Compiler:            /usr/bin/g++ 4.1.2
   Compiler flags:           -g -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-exceptions
-fno-rtti
   Linker flags:
   Libraries:               -lpthread -ldl
   Statically Linked Tools: no
   Statically Linked FD:    no
   Statically Linked SD:    no
   Statically Linked DIR:   no
   Statically Linked CONS:  no
   Database type:           MySQL
   Database port:
   Database lib:            -L/usr/lib64/mysql -lmysqlclient_r -lz
   Database name:           bacula
   Database user:           bacula

   Job Output Email:        root@localhost
   Traceback Email:         root@localhost
   SMTP Host Address:       localhost

   Director Port:           9101
   File daemon Port:        9102
   Storage daemon Port:     9103

   Director User:
   Director Group:
   Storage Daemon User:
   Storage DaemonGroup:
   File Daemon User:
   File Daemon Group:

   SQL binaries Directory   /usr/bin

   Large file support:      yes
   Bacula conio support:    no
   readline support:        no
   TCP Wrappers support:    no
   TLS support:             yes
   Encryption support:      yes
   ZLIB support:            yes
   enable-smartalloc:       yes
   enable-lockmgr:          no
   bat support:             yes
   enable-gnome:            no
   enable-bwx-console:      no
   enable-tray-monitor:     no
   client-only:             no
   build-dird:              yes
   build-stored:            yes
   ACL support:             no
   XATTR support:           yes
   Python support:          no
   Batch insert enabled:    yes

Configure Options: ./configure --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc/bacula
--with-scriptdir=/etc/bacula --enable-smartalloc --enable-bat
--with-qwt=/root/bacula/depkgs/qwt --with-mysql --with-working-dir=/var/bacula
--with-pid-dir=/var/run --enable-conio --libdir=/usr/lib64