Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] run job problem

2010-01-14 08:39:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] run job problem
From: Frederic Passerin <frederic.passerin AT nfrance DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 17:08:20 +0100
Lukasz PUZON Brodowski a écrit :
> hi all.
> I install bacula 3.0.3 on 7.2 freebsd system, with mysql (sqlite before). in
> both cases, when I run my only job,
> bacula-dir crashes. I run bacula with -d100 option, and last error is:
> ABORTING due to ERROR in lockmgr.c:65 Mutex lock failure. ERR=Resource
> deadlock avoided

Hi bacula users :)

As I was experiencing the same problem, and I maybe have the response :)
I'm currently using bacula on a FreeBSD 8.0 server. Installed using ports.

Check your charset on the database. Mine was UTF-8, I didn't check when
I've created the database. After dump the DB, droping it and recreate it
with correct encoding (SQL_ASCII), no more troubles.

A postgresql-centric little howto:

# pg_dump -Ubacula bacula > ~/bacula.sql
# su - pgsql
$ psql postgres
postgres=# DROP DATABASE bacula;
postgres=# CREATE DATABASE bacula WITH ENCODING 'SQL_ASCII';
postgres=# \q
$ exit
# vi ~/bacula.sql (and change the line
        SET client_encoding = 'UTF8';
        SET client_encoding = 'SQL_ASCII';)
# cat ~/bacula.sql | psql -Ubacula

And, now, bacula should not crash anymore.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Fred.