Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Backup Failed - Volume "daily-jan2010-2" not in catalogue.

2010-01-08 22:45:24
Subject: [Bacula-users] Backup Failed - Volume "daily-jan2010-2" not in catalogue.
From: stuartb <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 05:12:40 -0500
Hi All,

New to Bacula so please be gentle...

I have set up a full backup system to run every night -> backing up to a Sony
AIT-3 tape system.

So far everything seems to work, but I would like to run a tape log rotation
system (tape a tape home each night and replace with another tape, 3 in total).

However, after the first tape has been labeled and inserted into the catalogue,
attempting to insert a new tape, mount, label and then backup, fails.

The system fails with the following error:

Current Volume "daily-jan2010-2" is not acceptable because:
1997 Volume "daily-jan2010-2" not in catalog.

Now I have searched Google for "bacula add new tape to catalog", and nothing
comes up even remotely close.

Hoping you can help!

Many thanks,