Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Copy jobs two times

2010-01-07 13:11:24
Subject: [Bacula-users] Copy jobs two times
From: Tobias Hennerich <Tobias AT Hennerich DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 18:35:24 +0100
Hello,

we are using bacula configured for a disk-to-disk-to-tape backup as
described in the v3.0-documentation
(http://bacula.org/3.0.x-manuals/en/concepts/concepts/New_Features_in_3_0_0.html#SECTION00520000000000000000).
That means we have the newest backup on a "disk-pool" and older versions
of backups on a tape library referenced via "tape-pool".

We want to have now an additional backup every few weeks which is
off-site. I was thinking about configuring a new job which copies the
jobs of the disk-pool to a new "offsite-pool". As far as I see this is
not possible because it is not possible to configure two different "Next
Pool" for the disk-pool -- and the disk-to-disk-to-tape configuration
still needs the "tape-pool" as next pool for the "disk-pool".

Any suggestions? Too many pools in my head? ;-)

The mailing list show me some discussions in this direction, for example
http://old.nabble.com/Feature-Request%3A-Allow-schedule-to-override-NextPool-tt26437695.html

about use of "next pools" and
http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT
net/msg04177.html
about using (or not using) virtualfull backups for off-site storage.

But I didn't find a general suggestion for a backup solution with
several backup versions on-site on a tape library and additionally some
tapes for off-site storage...

Best regards     Tobias