Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] LTO-3 getting the lead out.

2010-01-05 14:52:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] LTO-3 getting the lead out.
From: Brian Debelius <bdebelius AT intelesyscorp DOT com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 14:49:25 -0500
...and if this post is still valid, this may be the maximum speed
(55M/s) given that the LTO-3 and disk are on the same SD (even though
tape compression is on.)

http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT
net/msg01246.html

[Kern]"...so I forget the formulas for calculating this, but basically, you must
wait to get data from the disk, then wait to write it to the tape, and that
slows down both.  To run at full speed, you need two threads, one that reads
from disk and buffers in memory, then a second thread that writes to tape..."