Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Difference between delete and purge?

2010-01-05 13:35:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Difference between delete and purge?
From: Tino Schwarze <bacula-users AT tisc DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 19:32:47 +0100
Hi,

On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 10:16:28AM -0800, Hemant Shah wrote:

> Can someone explain the difference between the delete and purge commands?
>
> I read the manual and it seems that they both do the same thing.

As far as I understood the manual, the purge will just remove all data
(jobs, files) belonging to the volume while delete will completely
remove the volume itself from the catalog. After purge, you're able to
use the volume for the next backup. After delete, the volume is gone
like it does not exist any more.

HTH,

Tino.

www.lichtkreis-chemnitz.de