Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Multiple SD's

2010-01-05 11:53:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Multiple SD's
From: <ext-daniel.hawker AT nokia DOT com>
To: <bdebelius AT intelesyscorp DOT com>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 17:49:45 +0100

> Hey,
>
> Can I have one director and two SD's on the same box?

May be wrong, but as I understand it, as long as they (multiple SD's) have
differing names (eg hostname-sd1 & hostname-sd2), differing ports and access
different logical devices, I can't see why not.

Although, am not sure why you'd want to. One SD can handle multiple
drives/disks/devices and if you only had one drive the two SD's can't/shouldn't
access it at the same time (with a tape drive, disks with multiple dirs yes,
but why the hassle, use multiple devices on one SD instead).

Dan

--
Dan Hawker
Linux Consultant