Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Script to read bacula jobs info

2009-12-31 03:45:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Script to read bacula jobs info
From: Marek Simon <marek.simon AT trustica DOT cz>
To: alexander AT nautae.eti DOT br, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 09:42:13 +0100
alexander AT nautae.eti DOT br napsal(a):
> Hi.
>
> I have to integrate Bacula with GLPI inventory system.
>
> So, I have to read jobs info like Name, FileSet, Pool, Level,
> Schedule, etc, from each job,
>
> and put it in a data structure to export to GLPI.
>
> So, I'm about to write a Perl script and some regular expressions to
> read conf job file.
>
> But... is there any way that Bacula could give those information?
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> []s
> Alexander
> Brazil

There are thre possible ways:
You could either dig these dat from database (the structure is simple),
but some data are hard to assemble from database only.
Or you can parse the config files, but there is posibility, that the
config in files are changed since bacula was reloaded.
Third possibility is to connect to director via bconsole and call
commands like show, list and llist, or to write an aplication, which
will act as the concsole and will use the protocol.
MArek