Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] BSMTP alternatives?

2009-12-26 12:46:20
Subject: [Bacula-users] BSMTP alternatives?
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 17:30:54 +0000 (GMT)
Hi all, I'm running Bacula 3.0.3 on FreeNAS 7.2, and I really want to take advantage of the mail-notification feature, but:

a) I'm not running sendmail anywhere on-site (my house)
b) My ISP requires SMTP authorization
c) BSMTP doesn't support SMTP authorization

The MSMTP that comes with FreeNAS does support it, but the mail headers get all screwed up when I try to configure Bacula to use MSMTP - this may just be my inexperience with MSMTP and a cookbook would be really appreciated.  Worse, if I use MSMTP I get the dreaded "lockmgr.c:65 Mutex lock failure" loop and the director crashes.  BSMTP appears to work cleanly, but I can't use it for "production" because of its lack of authorization support.

Any ideas?

Mark McCracken