Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] unable to use dell tl4000

2009-12-25 12:11:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] unable to use dell tl4000
From: Ismail OZATAY <ismail AT ismailozatay DOT net>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 19:08:01 +0200
It is working after mt -f /dev/st0 rewind, mt -f /dev/st0 weof and relabeling all barcodes again .

Thank you very much all.

ismail

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 9:19 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

You are right tapes are already labeled before. But I deleted old
database and created the new one. Also I tried 'label barcodes' command
again yesterday but nothing happend because it says it is already
labeled for all.  And you said that before put a 'wait' option in your
mtx-changer script but i could not find any option for it.

The problem here is bacula will not use these tapes without the labels
being in the database. For now forget about the wait option I talked
about. I believe you need to erase the label from each tape.

To do this you need to stop bacula-sd

then load a tape

and execute the following commands

mt -f /dev/st0 rewind
mt -f /dev/st0 weof

Then unload the tape. At this point I would restart bacula-sd and try
label barcodes again.

If this worked I would write a script that gets mtx to load tapes and
erase them so I would not have to manually label dozens of volumes.

There is such a script here:

https://typo3.digipen.edu/index.php?id=1240

but you will have to change /dev/pass to whatever your autochanger device is

and /dev/nsa0 to /dev/st0

John