Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] hidden attributes appearing on files in restored to windows

2009-12-16 16:08:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] hidden attributes appearing on files in restored to windows
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: Bacula Users List <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 22:04:33 +0100
Hi,

13.12.2009 18:59, Gavin McCullagh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we're restoring a large number of files backed up from an old Win2K-based
> NAS onto a Windows Server 2008 system.  We backup e:\group and e:\home.
>
> We're finding that directories which were not hidden on the Win2K system,
> when restored are hidden.  This includes the e:\ prefix if we restore it,
> which is not such a surprise.  However, we started using strip_prefix=/e to
> remove that directory and there are still subdirectories getting hidden.
>
> I see someone else has reported something similar.
>
>   http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT
> net/msg36218.html
>
> Does anyone know what we might do to avoid this?  Is it likely to be a bug?
> It's a pain having to remove the hidden flag from every file and directory
> in the 400,000.

It's possible this is a bug that has been fixed recently... I've seen
commit messages talking about improving file attribute handling on
windows. You might give the current development version a try. But
beware: Unless the developers release something new, you're running a
real development version - everything from no problems to not even
possible to compile, with all sorts of misbehaviour in between, can
happen!

Arno

> Gavin

Arno Lehmann