Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] hidden attributes appearing on files in restored to windows

2009-12-13 13:02:46
Subject: [Bacula-users] hidden attributes appearing on files in restored to windows
From: Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh AT gcd DOT ie>
To: Bacula Users List <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 17:59:43 +0000
Hi,

we're restoring a large number of files backed up from an old Win2K-based
NAS onto a Windows Server 2008 system.  We backup e:\group and e:\home.

We're finding that directories which were not hidden on the Win2K system,
when restored are hidden.  This includes the e:\ prefix if we restore it,
which is not such a surprise.  However, we started using strip_prefix=/e to
remove that directory and there are still subdirectories getting hidden.

I see someone else has reported something similar.

  http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT
net/msg36218.html

Does anyone know what we might do to avoid this?  Is it likely to be a bug?
It's a pain having to remove the hidden flag from every file and directory
in the 400,000.

Gavin