Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] limit job to one volume

2009-12-14 23:23:50
Subject: [Bacula-users] limit job to one volume
From: "James Harper" <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:20:18 +1100
I back up to disk volumes 3 times a day. All are incremental backups
except for Saturday night. I have 3 * 7 * 2 + 1 volumes giving me 2
weeks of backups and an additional volume so that the 3rd full backup
doesn't overwrite the first, in the event of a failure.

The disk that all the above sits on ran out of space, so all the open
volumes were marked as full and running jobs went into 'waiting for
appendable volume' states. When the next jobs started and a volume was
purged, freeing up space, things went from bad to worse and I ended up
with a whole load of little volumes lying about the place.

So... I would like to tell each job that it can only use 1 volume. If
the volume gets full then the job can fail... I can easily recover from
that. Is that possible?

Thanks

James