Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Continue to spool to disk when tape is full?

2009-12-11 18:04:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Continue to spool to disk when tape is full?
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Glen Barber <glen.j.barber AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 18:01:42 -0500
On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 5:52 PM, Glen Barber <glen.j.barber AT gmail DOT com>
wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 4:26 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
> wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Glen Barber <glen.j.barber AT gmail DOT
>> com> wrote:
>>> Hi Martin,

>> Is simultaneous spooling / despooling in bacula yet? I thought that
>> was not yet implemented.
>>

> I don't necessarily mean "simultaneous" - in my scenario, the
> despooling was not possible.
>
>> What I have seen is if there is no appendable volume in the device
>> (and its not an autochanger that can load new volumes) the next time
>> it needs to spool will be blocked.
>>

> Bacula is capable of only one spool file, it seems?
>
> I suppose a more specific question would be "can I have Bacula close a
> spool file if it cannot despool, and write to tape when it is
> available?"

Looks like that is item #14 on the projects list.

http://bacula.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=bacula/bacula;a=blob;f=bacula/projects;hb=HEAD

If you do not know the projects list is a list of submitted feature
requests that generally get voted on before each major release and the
results of the vote steer the developers on what is most important to
users.

John