Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Continue to spool to disk when tape is full?

2009-12-11 17:56:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Continue to spool to disk when tape is full?
From: Glen Barber <glen.j.barber AT gmail DOT com>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 17:52:41 -0500
Hi John,

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 4:26 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Glen Barber <glen.j.barber AT gmail DOT com>
> wrote:
>> Hi Martin,

>>> The latter -- it stops because it can't simultaneously read and write the
>>> spool file.
>>>

> Is simultaneous spooling / despooling in bacula yet? I thought that
> was not yet implemented.

I don't necessarily mean "simultaneous" - in my scenario, the
despooling was not possible.

> What I have seen is if there is no appendable volume in the device
> (and its not an autochanger that can load new volumes) the next time
> it needs to spool will be blocked.

Bacula is capable of only one spool file, it seems?

I suppose a more specific question would be "can I have Bacula close a
spool file if it cannot despool, and write to tape when it is
available?"

Regards,

--
Glen Barber