Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backup error - Network send error to SD

2009-12-10 10:09:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backup error - Network send error to SD
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: uhog-v9e4 AT spamex DOT com
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 10:04:52 -0500
uhog-v9e4 AT spamex DOT com wrote:
> Hi everyone. I have a new problem with a particular backup in my environment.
> I'm using bacula 3.0.2 across all components. This has been running fine for
> some time however this particular laptop used to be running linux(recently it
> was switched over to XP).

Could be the NIC driver on the laptop. Bacula expects the SD-FD
connection to stay up throughout the job. Try turning off any and all
power saving functions implemented by the NIC driver. Some Windows NIC
drivers will drop the connection and go into power saving mode for
whatever reason.
I have seen this with a Lenovo T61
.