Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Windows client firewalling problem

2009-12-07 04:53:27
Subject: [Bacula-users] Windows client firewalling problem
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 01:46:43 -0800

I recently upgraded my bacula from 2.4 to 3.0. Almost everything works beautifully, except for one Windows 2008 Standard client machine (64 version). This machine is running the 64-bit version of winbacula 3.0.2. The directory and SD both are on other machines on the same subnet. The Windows server uses Microsoft’s Windows Advanced firewall.

The error message is:

07-Dec 01:36 akechi-denki-fd JobId 435: Fatal error: Authorization key rejected by Storage daemon.

Please see http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Bacula_Freque_Asked_Questi.html#SECTION003760000000000000000 for help.

07-Dec 01:36 akechi-denki-fd JobId 435: Fatal error: Failed to authenticate Storage daemon.

07-Dec 01:36 nctechcenter-dir JobId 435: Fatal error: Bad response to Storage command: wanted 2000 OK storage

, got 2902 Bad storage

I added both inbound and outbound rules to the Windows firewall to allow all connections to and from bacula-fd.exe . The firewall log also shows that the connections from the director to port 9102, and from the fd to the SD’s port 9103 are successful. I do not see any blocked connections listed at all.

Yet I found that the problem goes away when I turn off the Windows firewall.

So I am trying to find out what else the firewall might be doing to interfere with bacula, what other rules I might need.

Thanks!