Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Check space usage per client

2009-12-04 09:49:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Check space usage per client
From: Mike Eggleston <mikeegg1 AT mac DOT com>
To: Caspar Smit <c.smit AT truebit DOT nl>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 08:44:51 -0600
On Fri, 04 Dec 2009, Caspar Smit might have said:

> Mike,
>
> Sorry I'm fairly new to bacula, can you tell me how to
> use the query.sql ?
> Or where I can find some documentation so I can
> find out.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Caspar
>
> > On
> Fri, 04 Dec 2009, Caspar Smit might have said:
> >

> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I wondered if
> there is a way to check how much
> >> storage
> >> space
> a client (filedaemon) is using?
> >>
> >> Kind
> >> regards,
> >> Caspar
> >> Smit
> >
> > I added this query to my query.sql file.
> >

> Mike
> >
> > # 20
> > :List storage used by client and
> pool
> > SELECT Client.Name AS Client, Pool.Name as Pool,
> >
>    sum(Job.JobFiles) as Files, sum(Job.JobBytes) as Bytes
> >   FROM
> Client, Job, Pool
> >   WHERE Job.ClientID = Client.ClientID and
> Job.PoolID = Pool.PoolID
> >   GROUP by Client.ClientID
> >
> ORDER by Client.Name;

Happily to help on the list. I've received quite a bit of help myself.

My bacula is installed in /opt/bacula. Add the above query to
/opt/bacula/etc/query.sql (I save system files before I edit them). I
don't think you need to restart bacula after adding the query. Enter
bconsole and type 'query' and the new number of this query. I think the
'# 20' is just for documentation and the query will get renumbered when
bconsole displays the list of queries.

Mike