Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Fwd: bacula-fd causes firewall hang

2009-07-31 16:36:18
Subject: [Bacula-users] Fwd: bacula-fd causes firewall hang
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 16:30:51 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 4:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-fd causes firewall hang
To: Jonathan Bayer <jbayer AT regiscope DOT com>

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Jonathan Bayer<jbayer AT regiscope DOT com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed a new firewall based on CentOS 5.3 and Shorewall.  This
> is a replacement for an older firewall, also using Shorewall.
>
> Ports are opened, and the FD  on the firewall can talk to the director.
>
> Any time I start a backup job on the firewall, the network seems to
> hang.  Even after I stop the jobs, the only way I can restore the
> network is to bring it down and then back up.
>
> Has anyone experienced this before?  I'll gladly listen to all
> suggestions, this is driving me crazy.

Just last week. Not with bacula but with rsync and copying GB of data
over a Gigabit network. The problem ended up being a faulty nvidia
network card that I had not noticed until hitting it with this type of
load. Replacing the NIC and the whole 600GB copied instead of a dead
network after a few hundred MB.

John

--
John M. Drescher