Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] dir and sd hang

2009-07-31 02:26:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] dir and sd hang
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 09:20:13 +0300
On Thursday 25 June 2009 09:18:32 Silver Salonen wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 June 2009 12:58:21 Attila Fülöp wrote:
> > Silver Salonen wrote:

SD
> > > tend
> > > together
> all
> > > the
> > > and
> > > processes
> > >>>

> > Silver,
> >
> > not sure if you have already seen this:
> > http://security.freebsd.org/advisories/FreeBSD-EN-09:04.fork.asc
> > Maybe this patch will fix your problems with FreeBSD 7.0.
> >
> > Attila
>
> I'll try upgrading my 6.2 to 7-STABLE some time. I'll post about the
results.

> --
> Silver

I did not upgrade my 6.2, but rather installed a new server (7.2-STABLE) and
moved some backups from the old server to the new one. Today I experienced the
same issue on the new server :(

Bacula's version is 3.0.1.

PS. When I "kill -9" bacula-sd before I kill bacula-dir, I get these errors (I
still have to "kill -9" bacula-dir too):

31-Jul 09:17 consus-dir JobId 792: Fatal error:
     Storage daemon didn't accept Device "device-rlk" command.
31-Jul 09:17 consus-dir JobId 789: Fatal error:
     Storage daemon didn't accept Device "device-librix" command.
etc.

--
Silver