Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] method to keep minimum # of backups?

2009-07-30 14:45:14
Subject: [Bacula-users] method to keep minimum # of backups?
From: teksupptom <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 14:37:40 -0400
Mark,

My understanding is that Bacula will hold onto the Volume info as long as
possible. Also, it won't delete the files from the tape/disk, just the
reference to them in the catalog. If you find that you're failing several
backups in a row and want to make sure the most recent good backup isn't lost,
the easiest thing is probably to set that volume aside and not use it until you
get another good backup.

The worst you would have to do for a restore is use bscan to find the file(s)
you needed on the tape/disk.

Hope that helps :)
Tom