Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] AutoChanger Problem

2009-07-30 07:47:24
Subject: [Bacula-users] AutoChanger Problem
From: Andy Watson <andyw AT contour DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 15:40:13 -0400
I've searched all day thru the user list and can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

This is a new setup for me, I have two others running on older hardware and versions like clock work.
My Setup:
Dell PE 1950
Dell PV 124t SAS w/BC Reader
RHEL 5.2 64bit
Bacula 3.0.1-1 x86_64 and Associated MTX rpm install

Note:  The Autoloader makes some rather loud noises when loading tapes, none like I've ever heard with a library and I've user Neo 2000, ML6000, and the small HP.  I did update all the firmware to the latest from Dell.  I'm seeing errors in the logs for the hardware but the diagnostics pass just fine.  Wanted to know if I was missing something obvious before contacting Dell, cause they are going to ask me to prove it.

While running btape test the tape unit completes fine but this is the result of the Autoloader test.

=== Autochanger test ===
3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded" command.
Slot 8 loaded. I am going to unload it.
3302 Issuing autochanger "unload 8 0" command.
unload status=OK 0
3303 Issuing autochanger "load 1 0" command.
3993 Bad autochanger command: /usr/lib64/bacula/mtx-changer /dev/changer load 1 /dev/nst0 0
3993 result="Loading media from Storage Element 1 into drive 0...done
": ERR=Child died from signal 15: Termination
You must correct this error or the Autochanger will not work.

FYI,
Before I got around to the btape, I was labeling barcodes and it would load and unload but not label I believe the tape/autochanger wasn't reponding that the tape was successfully loaded.  I went into the mtx_changer script and changed the wait to sleep 120 and the label barcodes completed with an error that I didn't write down.

Thanks for your time,
-Andy