Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] FileStorage problems after upgrade

2009-07-29 14:50:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] FileStorage problems after upgrade
From: Brian Clarkson <brianc AT lnstar DOT com>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:44:03 -0500
On Wed, 2009-07-29 at 14:16 -0400, John Drescher wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Brian Clarkson<brianc AT lnstar DOT com>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-07-29 at 12:02 -0400, John Drescher wrote:

> > [snip]

> >> That is probably the problem then. I mean the director is rejecting
> >> the storage on this server.
> >
> > Why would the director reject the storage?  I have clients on the
> > network that are still running 1.36 and still work just fine ...
> >
> There is no guarantee of backward compatibility especially back this far.
>
> This error says that the director will not use the storage.
>
> 29-Jul 09:46 colo-dir JobId 11076: Fatal error:
>     Storage daemon didn't accept Device "FileStorage" because:
>     3913 Bad use command: use storage=2CBMSIFile media_type=File
> pool_name=2CBMSIPool pool_type=Backup append=1 copy=0 stripe=0

I just finished upgrading the director on host2 and I still get the same
error.  Where should I look now?

Here's bacula-sd.conf on host2

Storage {
  Name = 2cbmsi-sd
  SDPort = 9103
  WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
  Pid Directory = "/var/run"
}

Director {
  Name = colo-dir
  Password = *******
}

Device {
  Name = FileStorage
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = /bacula-data
  LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled
media
  Random Access = Yes;
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  RemovableMedia = no;
  AlwaysOpen = no;
}