Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] migration and copying

2009-07-16 22:19:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] migration and copying
From: Dirk Bartley <bartleyd2 AT chartermi DOT net>
To: Bob Gamble <kiksadiweb AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 22:05:22 -0400
On Thu, 2009-07-16 at 16:57 -0800, Bob Gamble wrote:
> Can someone explain to me how a migration or copy is generally
> supposed to work?  In my mind, I would like to take a full volume,
> which has Full/Differential/Incremental backups in it and copy or
> migrate it to another storage server.

Greetings

Currently, migration and copy only works within the same storage daemon.
So if you have a single storage host with multiple storage devices it
works.  I use it by backing up to disk overnight.  Then in the morning,
running copy jobs from disk to tape.  It works like a charm.  It's great
for running to a guaranteed working device then later put it to a tape
device.

http://www.bacula.org/manuals/en/concepts/concepts/Migration_Copy.html

"Migration is only implemented for a single Storage daemon. You cannot
read on one Storage daemon and write on another."

Feel free to put in a feature request
http://www.bacula.org/en/?page=feature-request

Dirk