Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] migration and copying

2009-07-16 21:03:42
Subject: [Bacula-users] migration and copying
From: Bob Gamble <kiksadiweb AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 16:57:02 -0800
Can someone explain to me how a migration or copy is generally supposed to work?  In my mind, I would like to take a full volume, which has Full/Differential/Incremental backups in it and copy or migrate it to another storage server.  I know the volume contains good backups and is marked as "Full."

If I estimate the job, it seems to report a full backup would be copied or migrated.  Here is my configuration of bacula-dir.conf for this particular volume:

JobDefs {
  Name = "mybackup"
  Type = Backup
  Level = Incremental
  Client = mybackup-fd
  FileSet = "mybackup Set"
  Schedule = "WeeklyCycle"
  Storage = File
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = mybackup-pool
  Priority = 10
}
Job {
  Name = "mybackupclient"
  JobDefs = "mybackup"
  Write Bootstrap = "/etc/bacula/bin/working/mybackupclient.bsr"
}
FileSet {
  Name = "mybackup Set"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
    }
    File = /home/newmybackup
    File = /var/cache/samba
    File = /etc
  }
  Exclude {
   }
}
Client {
  Name = mybackup-fd
  Address = mybackup
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Password = "blo0dyg0od"          # password for FileDaemon
  File Retention = 30 days            # three months
  Job Retention = 30 days            # three months
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}
Pool {
  Name = mybackup-pool
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  Next Pool = mybackup-copy      #edit
  Volume Retention = 1 month         # 1 month
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 200000000000
  Label Format = mybackup-
  Maximum Volumes = 3
}
# mybackup-copy definition (edit)
Pool {
  Name = mybackup-copy
  Pool Type = Backup
  AutoPrune = yes
  Recycle = yes
  Storage = File2
}

Job { #edit
  Name = "copy-mybackup"
  Type = Copy
  Level = Full
  Level = Differential
  Level = Incremental
  Client = mybackup-fd
  FileSet = "mybackup set"
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = mybackup-pool
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 4
  Selection Type = Volume
  Selection Pattern = "mybackup-0097"
  Storage = File
}

However, I want to see the "whole volume" migrated or copied.  I am also unsure if the above configuration is correct.  The storage I want to copy from is called simply "File" and the storage I want to copy to is called "File2." I do have both of these defined in the configuration.  I am being asked to keep volumes from this and other backup sets indefinitely.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thank you.