Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Automatic running backup Job when Client Online ?

2009-07-14 04:21:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Automatic running backup Job when Client Online ?
From: Petar Bogdanovic <petar AT smokva DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 10:17:03 +0200

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 02:18:35PM +0700, OpenThink Labs wrote:

> Related to my previous questions regarding automatically backup client
> when client join the network, i already find
> simple scenario for me. But before strat writing the real code, is
> there any script/command line to modify the bacula-dir.conf ?

We use a `mobile'-Schedule which creates a reasonable time frame during
which we assume the client *could* be connected:

# Schedule {
#       Name = mobile
#       Run = Level=full Pool=monthly 1st mon at 19:00
#       Run = Level=differential Pool=weekly 2nd-5th mon at 19:00
#       Run = Level=incremental Pool=daily tue-sun at 19:00
# }
#
# Job {
#       Name = some-mobile-client