Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Always Open does not work with 3.0.1?

2009-07-03 09:30:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Always Open does not work with 3.0.1?
From: Sascha Wilde <wilde AT sha-bang DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 14:18:45 +0200
Sascha Wilde <wilde AT sha-bang DOT de> wrote:
> ... Volume "MYVOL" previously written, moving to end of data.
> [...]
> ... Ready to append to end of Volume "MYVOL" at file=XX.
>
> witch takes a few minutes (depending on how full the tape is).
[...]
> And as far as I understand the "Always Open = yes;" should prevent
> exactly this problem.

Interesting additional observation:

This happened for a bunch of jobs which were manually run and
automatically upgraded from incremental to full (as there were no
previous backups of them).

Today a bunch of scheduled incremental instances of the same jobs ran
without showing the annoying close/open cycle.

So this _might_ be either related to the automatic update to full, or
the manual starting of the jobs...

I'll keep you up to date as I collect more information on this issue.

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde : The sum of intelligence on earth is a constant;
             : population is growing