Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Question about ClientRunBeforeJob

2009-06-30 20:16:20
Subject: [Bacula-users] Question about ClientRunBeforeJob
From: Jon Schewe <jpschewe AT mtu DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 19:09:27 -0500
I have a long running job that I want to run before backups. It backs up
the databases on the client. I've added the ClientRunBeforeJob line and
noticed that I was getting errors like this:

29-Jun 09:11 jon-dir JobId 4073: Start Backup JobId 4073,
Job=mtu.2009-06-29_09.11.03
29-Jun 09:11 jon-dir JobId 4073: Using Device "FileStorage"
29-Jun 09:11 mtu-fd JobId 4073: ClientRunBeforeJob: run command
"/etc/bacula/before-full-backup.sh"
29-Jun 11:11 jon-dir JobId 4073: Fatal error: Socket error on
ClientRunBeforeJob command: ERR=Connection reset by peer
29-Jun 11:11 jon-dir JobId 4073: Fatal error: Client "mtu-fd" RunScript failed.
29-Jun 11:11 jon-dir JobId 4073: Error: Bacula jon-dir 2.4.2 (26Jul08):
29-Jun-2009 11:11:37

I changed my heartbeat interval for the client in bacula-dir.conf to 15
seconds and on the client in it's bacula-fd.conf to 5 seconds. After
restarting all services, I'm still getting the connection reset error.
Between my bacula server and the client is a Linksys router running
DDWRT. The client is a Linux server using iptables for the firewall.

When googling for this error the standard advice is to change the
heartbeat interval, however that doesn't seem to be working. Are there
any other suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks.

--
Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
If you see an attachment named signature.asc, this is my digital

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor
demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will
be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ
Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:38-39