Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Antwort: Fatal error: Job canceled because max start delay time exceeded

2009-06-25 10:49:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Antwort: Fatal error: Job canceled because max start delay time exceeded
From: Reynier Pérez Mira <rperezm AT uci DOT cu>
To: C.Keschnat AT internet-mit-iQ DOT de
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 10:41:52 -0400
C.Keschnat AT internet-mit-iQ DOT de wrote:
> See "Max Start Delay" in the Job Resource. I guess one of your other
> Jobs took too long or hang.
>  From the documentation:
> *Max Start Delay = <time>*
> The time specifies the maximum delay between the scheduled time and the
> actual start time for the Job. For example, a job can be scheduled to
> run at 1:00am, but because other jobs are running, it may wait to run.
> If the delay is set to 3600 (one hour) and the job has not begun to run
> by 2:00am, the job will be canceled. This can be useful, for example, to
> prevent jobs from running during day time hours. The default is 0 which
> indicates no limit.

Thanks for your reply but this confuse me a bit. I have, for now, 40
clients and 40 Jobs one for each client. Every job start at 2:00 AM. My
Director config is as follow:

Director {
   Name = serverbacula-dir
   Description = "Bacula Director Centro de Datos UCI"
   DIRport = 9101
   DirAddress = 10.128.50.11
   QueryFile = "/etc/bacula/query.sql"
   WorkingDirectory = "/var/bacula/working"
   PidDirectory = "/var/run"
   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
   Password = "some_password"
   Messages = Daemon
   FD Connect Timeout = 5 min
   SD Connect Timeout = 5 min
}

So if I understood the Director resource and how Bacula works this
configuration allow 20 Jobs running at the same time. Then a good
configuration for Jobs could be set Max Start Delay to 2 hours? Give me
a hint here because I'm lost.

Regards,
--
Ing. Reynier Pérez Mira