Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Upgrading from bacula 2 to 3

2009-06-24 14:38:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Upgrading from bacula 2 to 3
From: "Timo Neuvonen" <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 21:31:47 +0300
> I am a newbie in bacula , I've inherited it from another admin .
> I saw the our version is an old version and i wanted to upgrade to the
> latest version , i looked at
> the bacula documentation to see if there is an "upgrade" procedure and
> couldn't find any .
>
> Is there an unofficial guide as to how to upgrade from version 2 to
> version 3 of bacula ?

I may not be able to help much, but to get any more detailed advice, find
out and provide this information:
- on what OS your current Bacula server runs
- more precisely, what version it is, like 2.0.x or 2.4.x
- find out how it was installed: using some OS-spesific package manager
(like rpm in Red Hat based systems), or was it possibly compiled on-site
from a tarball
- some gurus might want to know what database (like MySQL) is used

If this is an install from eg. rpm-packages provided by Bacula developers,
the upgrade could be very straightforward and automatic process. On the
other side, some packages (like for Debian, AFAIK) may be built by OS
packagers and not by Bacula developers at all, and in that case you'd better
to search for information in OS-spesific forums too.

--
TiN