Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Upgrading from bacula 2 to 3

2009-06-24 13:22:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Upgrading from bacula 2 to 3
From: Dirk Bartley <dbartley AT schupan DOT com>
To: Assaf Flatto <assaf.flatto AT ssp-intl DOT com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 13:17:51 -0400

On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 16:30 +0000, Assaf Flatto wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am a newbie in bacula , I've inherited it from another admin .
> I saw the our version is an old version and i wanted to upgrade to the latest
> version , i looked at
> the bacula documentation to see if there is an "upgrade" procedure and
> couldn't find any .

First get a good catalog backup.  Also make sure that you have a backup
of the /etc/bacula as well.  tar -czf /etc/bacula.tgz /etc/bacula just
to have that easy to get to.

http://www.bacula.org/manuals/en/install/install/Installing_Bacula.html#SECTION00320000000000000000

Most all syntax of the config files will migrate.  So that should not be
a problem.  There is usually just the update to the db schema.

Dirk