Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] MySQL errors

2009-06-18 17:01:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] MySQL errors
From: John Kennedy <John.Kennedy AT PublishingTechnology DOT com>
To: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 12:58:58 +0100
Martin Simmons wrote:
>> We keep getting the following errors when running backups and any time
>> we query:
>>
>> 16-Jun 13:56 ceres-dir JobId 8703: Fatal error: sql_get.c:359
>> sql_get.c:359 query SELECT VolumeName,MAX(VolIndex) FROM JobMedia,Media
>> WHERE JobMedia.JobId=8703 AND JobMedia.MediaId=Media.MediaId GROUP BY
>> VolumeName ORDER BY 2 ASC failed:
>> Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_555_0.MYI' (Errcode: 30)
>>
>> I can not find any problems with MySQL and /tmp is not full nor are
>> there any permission issues.
>> I am relatively new to Bacula and know a bit about MySQL (just short of
>> Jr DBA level).
>
> Errcode 30 means "Read-only file system" so I think you might have problems
> with your /tmp directory.
>
> What are the permissions on it?  Can you create files in /tmp from the shell
> when running as the same user as mysqld?
>
> Is it a separate partition and does mount show rw for it?  Have you tried
> rebooting in single user mode and doing an fsck to check for errors?
>
> __Martin

For some reason the FS was put in a read only state. Once we cleared
those problems then things went back to being almost happy...
Thanks,
John

--
John Kennedy
Linux System Administrator

Publishing Technology plc is registered in England No. 837205.
Registered Office: Unipart House, Garsington Road, Oxford OX4 2GQ.

The information in this message is intended solely for the addressee and should
be considered confidential.  Publishing Technology does not accept legal
responsibility for the contents of this message and any statements contained
herein which do not relate to the official business of Publishing Technology
are neither given nor endorsed by Publishing Technology and are those of the
individual and not of Publishing Technology. This message has been scanned for
viruses using the most current and reliable tools available and Publishing
Technology excludes all liability related to any viruses that might exist in
any attachment or which may have been acquired in transit.