Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] MySQL errors

2009-06-17 07:48:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] MySQL errors
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 12:44:37 +0100

> We keep getting the following errors when running backups and any time
> we query:
>
> 16-Jun 13:56 ceres-dir JobId 8703: Fatal error: sql_get.c:359
> sql_get.c:359 query SELECT VolumeName,MAX(VolIndex) FROM JobMedia,Media
> WHERE JobMedia.JobId=8703 AND JobMedia.MediaId=Media.MediaId GROUP BY
> VolumeName ORDER BY 2 ASC failed:
> Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_555_0.MYI' (Errcode: 30)
>
> I can not find any problems with MySQL and /tmp is not full nor are
> there any permission issues.
> I am relatively new to Bacula and know a bit about MySQL (just short of
> Jr DBA level).

Errcode 30 means "Read-only file system" so I think you might have problems
with your /tmp directory.

What are the permissions on it?  Can you create files in /tmp from the shell
when running as the same user as mysqld?

Is it a separate partition and does mount show rw for it?  Have you tried
rebooting in single user mode and doing an fsck to check for errors?

__Martin