Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How to make Best Backup strategy ?

2009-06-17 08:12:41
Subject: [Bacula-users] How to make Best Backup strategy ?
From: "jc.duss59 AT laposte DOT net" <jc.duss59 AT laposte DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 14:08:27 +0200 (CEST)

Dear all Bacula users,

I planned to use Bacula 2.4.4 in production in a few but I get a little bit confused to configure it in order to suits my backup strategy.

I've got 5 differents servers installed with the bacula-fd and 5 other server that can't run the FD (because no available 2.4.4 port on freebsd...).
Two of them are replicated load balancers and needs to backup the same things.
Two of them are replicated web servers and needs to backup the same things.
One of them is the fd installed on the director's server and needs to backup a third fileset (containing conf of bacula etc.. and also the catalog)

My backup server is equiped with large disk and a single tape drive.

For the non FD equiped server, I plan to synchronize daily with rsync files that needs to be backed up from the "client" server to the backup server.

So I would like to make a daily complete backup of every server to Media Type File on the backup server. All backup data and rsynced data will be save in a backup folder so backed up data from Bacula will be store in a one file volume for each client and rsynced data will be stored in a multiple number of files....

I would also like to make a weekly or daily complete backup of every server (rsynced and bacula-fd) to Tape Drive to get a second level of crash prevention.

What is the best way to do not to have to configure lots of Jobs Def, file def etc... and also for my tape drive backup, not to backup file volume and have to restore twice (one from the tape and then a second time, when the file volume is restored, from the file volume) ?
Is a job only able to backup from on fileset on one client ? Can we make a global job wich will launch sub jobs to backup one by one my server???

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.

Créez votre adresse électronique prenom.nom AT laposte DOT net
1 Go d'espace de stockage, anti-spam et anti-virus intégrés.