Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Setting variables directly from Bacula, is possible?

2009-06-15 12:15:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Setting variables directly from Bacula, is possible?
From: "Jari Fredriksson" <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: <rperezm AT uci DOT cu>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 19:10:36 +0300
>> Jari Fredriksson wrote:
>>> Just like you do now from Bacula. The parameter $*
>>> means 'all parameters',
>>> so the new shell script passes all of its parameters to
>>> send_beeper.pl. Just pass to it the %n and %e in Bacula.
>>
>> Jari, sorry about my poor knowledge about this topic,
>> could you please leave me a clear example?
>>
>> Regards
>>

> I'm sorry; I have not implemented any beeper scripts with
> Bacula. But I though that you have an idea how to
> implement the beeper.pm.
>
> My beeper.sh shell script was ment to be put the in where
> you callerd your Perl script, as a wrapper. It takes just
> the same parameters, and does the same thing, but defines
> the proxy environment variable as an add-on.

You need to study the Messages stanza in bacula-dir.conf

I have it like this (propably very default setting)

# Reasonable message delivery -- send most everything to email address
#  and to the console
Messages {
  Name = Standard
  mailcommand = "/sbin/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"Bacula <%r>\" -s \"Bacula: %t %e
of %c %l\" %r"
  operatorcommand = "/sbin/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"Bacula <%r>\" -s \"Bacula:
Intervention needed for %j\" %r"
  mail = root = all, !skipped
  operator = root = mount
  console = all, !skipped, !saved