Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Migrating Bacula to a New Server

2009-06-12 10:14:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Migrating Bacula to a New Server
From: Thomas Bennett <bennetttm AT appstate DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 09:37:49 -0400
Richard,

I'm assuming your paths are like mine, if not edit the path.  Try

netstat -tapn

(Shows open ports and status, eg. LISTEN)

If your port does not show up here then the server is not running.  You can
also try /etc/rc.d/init.d/bacula-dir status   to see if the process is
running.

eg.
# /etc/rc.d/init.d/bacula-dir status
bacula-dir (pid 11837) is running...

and

iptables -L -n

(List iptable rules with numeric values)
If you see:

ACCEPT     tcp  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           state NEW tcp
dpt:9101

Then it should allow all connections.  Normally I've seen this response when
the port is not allowed through the firewall.

Check logs

/var/log/messages

and

/var/log/secure

for messages associate with that port or bacula.

Thomas

--
 Normally I'm against big things,
 I think the world is going to be saved by millions of small things.

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Operations & Systems Analyst            P O Box 32026
University Library                                Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

Library Systems Help Desk: https://www.library.appstate.edu/help/