Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Migrating Bacula to a New Server

2009-06-12 04:59:56
Subject: [Bacula-users] Migrating Bacula to a New Server
From: "Richard McCarthy" <rmccarthy AT cuttingedge.com DOT au>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 17:55:02 +1000

Hi,

I have successfully installed Bacula-3.0.1(mySQL 5.0.77) on Fedora 10 running on x86_64 procs.

I have an IBM LTO-4 FC drive attached and running the btape test command finishes without any errors.

I am now trying to migrate another older Bacula 2.0.3 build onto the new server running Bacula 3.0.1.

I have used mysqldump to migrate the database and have copied the following files across.

# bacula-dir.conf

# bacula-fd.conf

# bacula-sd.conf

# bconsole

When I start the Bacula daemons there are no errors but when I tried to login to the bconsole I get the following error..

[root@bne-bacula bacula]# ./bconsole

Connecting to Director bne-bacula:9101

12-Jun 16:35 bconsole JobId 0: Fatal error: bsock.c:135 Unable to connect to Director daemon on bne-bacula:9101. ERR=Connection refused

I think the problem is an authentication issue as the connection is being refused.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

  Richard.