Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] multiple copy pools

2009-06-08 23:04:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] multiple copy pools
From: Dirk Bartley <bartleyd2 AT chartermi DOT net>
To: Ulrich Leodolter <ulrich.leodolter AT obvsg DOT at>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 22:47:42 -0400
Hello Ulrich

I'm just beginning to use copy jobs.  Love em!

What I'm doing is having a one to one relationship between tape pools
and File pools.  ie

File-MonWed <-> LTO_MonWed
File-Monthly <-> LTO_Monthly
.. ..

Then add one Copy job per pool.

Copy-MonWed
Copy-Monthly
.. ..

Then add one scripty thing,

  RunScript {
    Command = "/root/bin/php/baculatriggercopy.php %v"
    RunsWhen = After
    RunsOnFailure = yes
    RunsOnClient  = no
    RunsOnSuccess = yes    # default, you can drop this line
  }

where baculatriggercopy.php

where to summarize what bacula trigger copy does it
select the pool from the database then knowing the pool

$job = preg_replace('/File-/', "Copy-", $pool);
$concmd = "run job=\"$job\" fileset=\"VariesSet\" level=\"Full\" client=
\"srvalum3-fd\" pool=\"$pool\" storage=\"Alum2FileStorage\" priority=
\"10\" yes ";

Then I get all uncopied jobs copied from the appropiate file pool to the
appropriate tape pool.

Now I don't know if that was the way intended but it seems to be working
for the last couple of weeks.

Dirk